Weekly Policing Update – Fenstanton District
Good Afternoon, Fenstanton District Members –
Very happily, there are no offences or incidents affecting your community to mention in this week’s Policing Update, covering the period 6th to 12th February.
However, here is some advice from the police on how to keep your dogs safe:
There has been an increase in reports of dog thefts both nationally and locally during the pandemic.
Here’s some of our key steps in keeping your pets safe:
– Keep an ID tag on your dog at all times (your surname, mobile number and address only).
– Secure gates using bolts at the top and bottom, along with a heavy-duty padlock and gate alarm.
– Never leave your pet in the garden unattended.
– Make sure your dog is microchipped and their details are updated so that they can be returned if they are stolen and subsequently found.
– Avoid leaving a dog tied up outside a shop or left alone in a car, even for a few minutes.
There is more advice on how to keep your dog safe on the police web-site at: